Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas In the Delta

Jolly Hunter, MS> At home Denise is getting ready for Christmas. We spent last Sunday putting up the tree and hanging stockings. Camo was quite amused. Don't forget that new .45/70 that you could send me for Christmas. Denise could use some .270 bullets, a new grunt call, rattling horns and some heavy insulated under drawers. Camo needs bones and a new pair of binoculars.

Members of the bloodthirsty Christmas Place Hunting Club are making their way to camp this week to finish up the Muzzle-load Season.
All the members except Paul, who has basically been there since the 16th of November. The perfect part of the season is upon us and there is an expectant air of huge bucks and cold still mornings.
Members have been busy breaking furniture for firewood,griping and complaining about guests, dogs, and the weather. This Bodock Times reporter(who is not going to do crap) noticed they were humming and singing strange Deer Hunting Christmas Songs.


PAUL (DEER MURDERER) HOWELL- “Jingle shells”
Jingle Shells, Jingle Shells
Blasting all the way,
Oh what fun it is to kill a deer on Christmas Day!
Dashing through the snow,
Looking for a deer to slay,
O’er the Indian mound I go,
Blasting all the way!
Jingle Shells, White Deer Tails
Blasting all the way.
Oh what fun it is to kill a deer on Christmas Day!!!!


BURNEY(TOADIE) HOWELL- “I’ll have Thunderhoof Home for Christmas!"
I’ll have Thunderhoof home for Christmas,
Just you wait and see,
I’ll have Thunderhoof home for Christmas,
If only in my dreams!


TRENT(RED WASP) HOWELL “He Came Unto The Odom Field”
He came unto the Odom Field,
With glorious horns of gold!
The grunt call did it's work
My rifle laid him low!


REX (BUCKMASTER) HOWELL “Whitetail Christmas"
I’m dreaming of a Whitetail Christmas,
Just like the ones Paul and Trent used to know.
Where the blood drops glisten and
Hunters listen,
To hear- big bucks in the snow!
I’m dreaming of a Whitetail Christmas,
With every deer I see on the pole.
May your deer horns be shiny and bright,
And I hope you have a deer on the pole tonight!


MORE GREAT CHRISTMAS SONGS LATER!

2 comments:

Jo said...

I love it. You're funny. Did you make those up yourself?

Cheers.
Josie

Editor said...

yes, can't keep a deer hunter down.
Got a lot more crazy ones coming.
Rex