The Thinking Blogger Award
The Thinking Blogger Award is a meme. It is given out to the people who make you think as a blogger. They can make your heart leap with joy or pull gut wrenching anguish and sorrow from you. They capture special moments and make you feel part of the story. Their writing makes you use your brain to understand or figure out a certain series of events or they explain something that rings home to you so that you say "Oh! I got it" or "I wonder what happens next"
Dazd over at Dazd and Confuzed tagged me and some may think it is a little thing but I feel it is a great honor. Tagging me he said
Deer Camp Blog: Rex is definitely a person of intelligence. It's not everyday that I, the Great Dazed and Confuzed, get duped into a frenzied hunt for artifacts only to be told it was a spoof. His blog doesn't just cover hunting though. His topics do dabble into the world of archaeology and the unknown. And you're never sure just what the next post will offer.
Thank you my friend.
I center around hunting and would love to list all the hunting blogs, but will try to give a good across the board plug to some other great blogs.
The rules are simple.
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
1. Defiant Infidel- He understands exactly what it is all about. He nevers waivers, he is proud, honest and true, and loves his country with all his heart.
2. Charming, Just Charming- GuyK mixes laughter with his rants on the political scene. His simple analogys usually cut to the heart of the matter without all the BS. A great read and the first big blogger to link me. He gave me advice and posted links to me that brought visitors that stayed. I read him several times a day and you should too. He also has a habit of finding unknown blogs and giving them a chance to succeed with his witty BWAHAHAHAHA!
3. Black Bear Blog- Tom Remington and the Skinny Moose Media stay on top of all the hunting news. They probe into places and get news about hunting, guns, trapping, elk ranching, varmints, and hunting issues from every state in the Union. They do it everyday. They also are protecting our rights and stand up to every fool that tries to pass laws against hunting.
4. Whitetail Wizard Weblog- Claude Pollington is the finest outdoor writer out there, bar none. He reminds me of all the things I have absorbed from my father about hunting. Reading him floods me with memories. Hints, tips, knowledge, great tactics and stories, its all there. Enjoy!
His blog should be required for newbie hunters for info and older hunters for quality news. He is not a link, he doesn't do that. He won't forward this award either, but he sure as hell will make you think.
5. Outdoors With Othmar Vohringer- What can I say, he runs a great hunting site. He gives quality views on all hunting topics. He is well traveled and knowledgable about different game species and thoughtful with his post. He loves blogging about hunting and is a great hunting link.
I wish I could put every one of my hunting link friends on here, the ones I chose are the oldest links. They are all great. It takes a lot of time to find info and post about a narrow subject that is mainly done in the fall and winter. Please visit each of them if you come here, it is worth your while. Thanks Dazd.