Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cleaning Out Ghosts

Spookville, MS> When we first arrived at the famous Christmas Place, we found lots of work to do. It took us weeks to get the camp squared away and the roads cleared.
Then one day my Dad said "Alright, let's go clean out the old house". Then said "Y'all watch out, it is pretty spooky in there" We laughed. I have written many times about the Witchs' House. I have told about the secret cellar beneath it and the evil history of it's beginnings, but not knowing this at the time, we ambled over with shovels and trashbags to clean it out. We had not been working there long when a deep voice rolled out of the darkened back room. "Don't be here when the morning comes!" My Dad looked up and said................

2 comments:

NICKEL said...

HAHAHAHAHA I remember the song...

Brother Dave Gardner did a skit similar to it called "You Gonna Be Here When John Comes?"

Jon said...

Great post! My ghost stories will start around Oct.1. Good use of video!. Did you send any questions to last nights Democrat debate?