Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Care of Thunderhoof

Tender Town, MS> Whenever I go out of town, I make sure to leave specific instructions for those who are in charge of my dog. I’m sure Rex was really busy before he left and didn’t have time to leave a note explaining the care of Thunderhoof. I didn’t see a note in his desk either.

So I took it upon myself to take extra special care of Thunderhoof.




I made sure to give Thunderhoof a drink a couple of times a day.


I made sure to feed Thunderhoof daily.




I made sure he had a comfy bed.



I made sure he got plenty of exercise.



Look how photogenic Thunderhoof is.




After making sure Thunderhoof was tended to, I thought I would try out Rex’s deer grunt thingymajigger and she why these hunters have trouble calling in a deer. As you can see, I didn't have any problem at all.





"Please don't go The Hunter's Wife"




Thanks everyone for a fun 3 days! And thanks Denise for taking all the photos.

Posted by: The Hunter's Wife

8 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

And you were worried you couldn't live up to the responsibility. I think you did a great job.

By the way, your pictures of Thunderhoof don't resemble Rex's at all. Is there a Thunderhoof conspiracy afoot?

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

Men - they always forget the important things - like taking care of Thunderhoof... good thing he asked you to look after things while he was away!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said...

You did a fantastic job "hunter's wife" - Rex will be proud of you taking care of things especially the tender loving care you gave Thunderhoof! :)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger SimplyOutdoors said...

I agree with everyone else. You did an excellent job filling in Jody.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody, I enjoyed our time together so much and I think you have been an amazing and interesting friend and blogger for Rex these past three days!I have laughed till my sides hurt! Take care and hope to SEE you again soon. Love, Denise

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

Krinstine is right! I believe Rex is either experimenting with DGH (deer growth hormones) or working some photoshop magic.
We should get the real answer if Jody manages to escape from the Christmas Place's killer hogs...

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody, I can hardly wait to see what Rex has to say about Thunderfoof! This should really be interesting! Thanks again for a Fabulous three days! I just Loved reading your creative view and you are Truly Funny! Huge Hugs, Denise

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger The Hunter's Wife said...

Thanks everyone. I really did have a lot of fun.

And a special thank you to Denise!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home