Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Privacy Of One's Desk

Snoopsville, MS> Seeing that you were all supportive of Rex’s rules not being specific enough and the fact that I am feeling like my boss is out of town and I can do what I want, I thought I would take a quick peek of the contents in his desk.

To my surprise here is what I found:

Of course there is a huge picture of Thunderhoof in a frame on his desk, a Thunderhoof mouse pad, Thunderhoof screensaver, and while searching Rex’s blog, to read all about Thunderhoof, I found there are 16 pages containing the word Thunderhoof. Now that is love.


And I love this picture of Thunderhoof he has hanging on his wall.



Speaking of love, I found a pile of love letters to Denise. After spending half the day reading them all, all I can say is Rex is oh so romantic. Denise is one lucky gal.

In his top pull out drawer it has your usual pens, paperclips, a few grunt thingymajiggers and some cologne. Oh wait, that’s deer urine!

In the bottom drawer I found a couple of bottles of whiskey. I don’t think he'll notice if I have a swig or two.

And I found this dartboard under Rex’s desk and after reading this story no wonder. Poor Rex.
Well I am off to have lunch with Denise. I better get rid of this "little black book" I found taped under his desk before she sees it.


Posted by:The Hunter's Wife

9 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Blessed said...

I don't know, you might want to keep that little black book for any blackmail purposes that might show up...

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger blogagog said...

Did you check his safe? I've been hankering for a look at those shotgun shells with the gold-plated buckshot in them.

He's so hoity-toity :).

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

Jody, you are too funny. I'm hoping you figured out it was deer urine before you smelled it or, God forbid, put any on.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger CDGardens said...

I think Rex is going to be rolling in laughter when he checks in to see what you are finding. ;)

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger SimplyOutdoors said...

Deer urine in the desk. I'm surprised it's not worn as cologne.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

Rex is going to be upset when he gets back and finds that your posts are funnier than his.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger KeesKennis said...

Hi Jody
I am so glad that old groaning, semi comotose, selfless bonker, bad shot and Floridian holidayer is not here:
Have you heard this .....
Sorry I can't....
Do what you can to upgrade this sorry blog.
By The Way, You Are Doing Great and you are far funnier that the editor could ever be.
But then I like deer urine.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger The Hunter's Wife said...

Thanks everyone for supporting me the past couple of days.

Thankfully I figured out it was deer urine prior to my touching it.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous adam said...

You might get him in trouble mentioning that black book.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home