Friday, September 05, 2008

Fall In The Air

I woke this morning with a touch of fall in the air. It felt like football and deer seasons were calling me. I was reminded of frosty mornings watching deer slip quietly past me as I tried not to shake, of cold days around our crackling campfire talking about the Rebels and the big buck being admired on the pole.
I felt the pull of the Christmas Place this morning. It seems to call to me and even with my eyes closed I can point directly at it. I can't wait to get there.
Mark is coming this weekend and hopefully Marian is too.
I have a gift for her.
Trent burned the tractor so little planting will be done but there is always plenty of work to do. See you there!

1 comment:

SimplyOutdoors said...

I with ya. The woods have been calling me. Thank god season is right around the corner.