Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Importance of Being Rex

Dad came in yesterday and wanted to know how soon I would be headed to camp for the big squirrel weekend. I said I did not know, it may be as late as Saturday.
This did not go over well with Dad.
He said “Well, who is going to help all the hunters find their places in the woods? Come to think of it, who is going to dress all the squirrels, keep the camp clean, bring in wood or carry people on site seeing trips around the property?”
I gave him the evil eye but he ignored it and started rambling.
“There is a lot to do, you need to get there early. In fact you need to go down Thursday to help me get everything ready for supper.”
I asked if he had any other sons.
He looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate and said “They’re busy.”

3 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

YOU, No. 1 son! :)

Tom Sorenson said...

Oh my goodness - I've never had a visual such as this: "He looked at me like a cow looking at a new gate." Oh man can I see that!!! I grew up with cows and that's just flat funny!

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

What exactly happens on a "big squirrel weekend"?? LOL!