Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughts On The Outdoor Bloggers Summit

Well it looks like the summit in St. Louis is off. I was looking forward to it, but must admit that with the market like it is, I really am not prepared this year.
What to do, what to do?
An idea has been floating around in my head to maybe invite everyone to the Famous Christmas Place in early May. This would be very inexpensive compared to anything else we could do. The lodging is free and there is enough deer and fish in the freezer to feed an army. The house can hold about 15 people and you real outdoorsy people could bring a couple of tents.
big fires at night, lots of exploring and 4-wheeling, fishing and just visiting for everyone. We might even get a speaker in to help us learn something, plus make the trip tax deductible. (like Thunderhoof)
I think Marian would help, Mushy and David are in TN and might help.
God knows all the Yankees will need a break from the snow.
Phillip could even come over with Holly and blast a wild hog for us to cook.
Let me know your thoughts on this and see if we can put it together.

10 comments:

SimplyOutdoors said...

Hmm... that sounds intriguing to me. I'm not sure I could get time off in May, but I could certainly try.

The Hunter's Wife said...

Do you have a hot tub?

Anonymous said...

Heck, you might could even get me to tear myself away from all of "this" for something like that!

Othmar Vohringer said...

Sounds like a good idea and I would love to come down south to warm up my old bones a bit on your campfire. However, I can make no promises since I am still in negotiations with a few hunting shows for seminars and the dates have not been fixed yet. In May is also turkey hunting season. ;)
-ov-

deerslayer said...

Hooo-weee a shindig like that at the famous Christmas place sounds real tempting to me. Unfortunately I only have a week off for vacation and was planning on trying to go to Maine for some bear hunting with my father-in law before he gives up hunting and gets to old and health reasons. If things change and I can make the date I'd love to join everyone there. Thanks for the invite and the outstanding offer.

Blessed said...

Sounds awesome.... I don't think there is any way I'd be able to make it next year but maybe one day... :)

Mike Shimniok said...

That would be most cool. Maybe one of these days I'll get to meet everyone. Meanwhile... by early May my wife will be less than a month from giving birth (!!) Just found out it's a girl! :) Hope you are able to meet up and if so have a great time!

Anonymous said...

hehe

Anonymous said...

I think we should keep the same view, and then in our understanding of this point, and then deeper thinking!

Anonymous said...

Nike Dunk
Cheap Dunk Shoes
Nike Men Dunk High
Nike Men Dunk Low
Nike Men Dunk Mid
Nike Women Dunk High
Nike Women Dunk Low