Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

C-O-L-D

Goreville, MS> A wave of extremely cold weather is hurtling towards Mississippi like a freight train. Now usually I like to hunt in cold weather but this is ridiculous. Even so, those damn Mammoths are prancing around our wheat fields like they can't wait.
I hope to talk to Marian today and see what her weekend plans are, but I think that hunting hard in this weather is not something I really want to do.
I guess I can sit around the fire and think about what to write about after deer season. Like my friend at Hunting-A Way of Life. Turkey season is coming, ducks are still flying, and there are a million and one things to do at the famous Christmas Place all the time. I also need to check on a OBS Regional Meeting for early summer.
Will check back soon, I need to put another log on the fire...

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

Hi Rex- Sorry for sending that weather down your way, we are sick of it in the Northwest.

Stay warm!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Live to Hunt.... said...

Rex, send some of that winter weather to the west coast. We're roasting out here and the hunting has come to a grinding halt!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home