Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OH LORD!

with apologies to Janis!

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Hog Hunting gun ?
My friends all shoot Weatherbys, I must make amends.
Blogged hard all my lifetime, no gun like my friends,
So Lord, call Phillip, a gun he should send !

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a show on TV ?
the Outdoor Channel is trying to find me.
I wait for Othmars call each day, no golf until three,
So oh Lord, won’t you buy me a show on TV ?

Oh Lord, won’t you help me blog it all down.
I’m counting on you, Lord, please don’t let me drown.
Prove I’m funny as Jody, sharp like the Moose
Oh Lord, I’m blogging, lost as a goose!

Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Hog Hunting gun ?
My friends all shoot Magnums, I must make amends,
Blogged hard all my lifetime, no help from any one,
So oh Lord, tell Albert the specs for my new hog killin' gun.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Phillip said...

I love it, Rex! I always hated that song, but it stays on my iPod list. Something about it just kinda makes it irresistable.

Now, with new lyrics, I think you've made it perfect!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

I love it! Remember that line about "My friends all have PORCHES". I just knew some good ol' boy had to have written that darn song.

Rex, your a beauty!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger GUYK said...

aromatic shootgun what will shoot five times running. and loaded with double ought buck shot. And if that don't kill that porky critter hit him in the head with the stock!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home