Wednesday, April 08, 2009

OBS Regional Meeting

Good News! I just got clearance from the powers that be to move forward with the Outdoor Bloggers Summit Regional Meeting at the famous Christmas Place. My father, Hershel Howell, has agreed to give a turkey calling seminar as part of the fun.
My cousin, Burney Howell, has agreed to cook a wild hog, and my brother Paul has agreed to annoy the hell out of everyone.
The date will be in June. The weather should be nice and there are plenty of fish to catch and places to explore.
I am hoping to convince 8-12 people to come for the weekend, with maybe a few day-trippers joining us for Saturday. As part of the OBS, I also want to add at least one well-known journalist or writer to give a seminar also. Maybe we can find a blogger that has actually made a nickel that can give us a lecture too.
There is a chance that one of the hunting show people can be tricked into coming and talking about that aspect for our group. I am going to talk to the MDWFP to see what help I can get from them and the paper in Jackson, MS will be asked to visit and write an article about it.
Now if I can actually get someone to attend........

3 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

You know I'll be there...if the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise! ;)

Deer Passion said...

Sounds like a blast!! :)

Too bad I'm a few hundred miles away... :(

Big Al said...

You know, I'd like to attend. Sounds like fun. I guess I wouldn't look too funny in a fake mustashe disquise...