Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Monday, April 20, 2009

Tying Up Loose Blog Ends

I really need to tie up a bunch of loose ends and get my blog going. There are a lot of little things I need to get done, now that Spring Break is over and the kids are not coming to the office every day to drive me crazy.


The first thing I want to do is thank Dayne Shuda for listing me under 10 Amazing Blog Post #4. I sent him the story of The Yeti Conspiracy and he gave a great insight into it and complimented me very highly on the post. Thank You! I do not usually link a blog in my sidebar if it is not in the sidebar of that persons blog, but he has found a wonderful niche in the hunting blog category and I am going to link him today.
I also want to thank Kim Jones for a wonderful little party she held at her house on Saturday night. Her son Tyler has started a band and the grownups sat in the driveway having cocktails while Tyler and his friends rocked out in their open barn.
It was a lot of fun to listen to. They have just started and were very enthusiastic in their music, but I did not have enough alcohol in me to say they were good.
Too bad Old Scratch missed it.
Have you ever heard of Chief Toby Tubby?
A famous Indian Chief in these parts that became very wealthy. After he died, the remaining Indians took his body and the funeral procession left Oxford never to be seen again. Where is he buried? What fortune lies with him? I aim to find out in a series of posts about this remarkable man. Stay tuned.
I also need to start back on my story of A Confederate Map.
Then the Virtual Deer Hunt needs to go into full swing.
I have a post coming out Wednesday on The Hunters Wife about my Mom in her fishing days, so watch for that. Jody is on vacation but I want to say thank you in advance. Also go over to Base Camp Legends and check out the forum. I am posting some of my old hunting tales over there you might enjoy.
We are organizing a Bloggers Badge for all the Mississippi Bloggers to unite and using Max Mississippi as the home base. Should be fun getting this done. We are a very rural state and I find that many of the bloggers here feel like they are the only one from Mississippi out there giving it their blogging best.
All in all, a lot of work and blogging to get squared away.

4 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Rex, thanks for the link, and I have enjoyed your stories. I could read stuff like that all day. Enough truth in them to keep the imagination active and enough fog in them to question reality. Takes a little of each to make a good hunting story. If you tell a story and the listener is standing there slightly nodding his head with a questioning look on his face, I figure the story is a success. Keep it up.

The google acct. isn't taking my info correctly so will sign on as Anonymous

gary@basecamplegends.com

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Dayne Shuda said...

It's a great blog post, Rex and I had a wonderful time reading it and giving my thoughts. Thanks for the mention!

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read articles like that. BTW add some pics :)

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some pics :).

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home