Thursday, May 14, 2009

Faulkner's Point Of View

This research into Lafayette county and Oxford has been very interesting and at times disturbing. The history of the area winds together and many different stories are emerging that play a part in the story of Chief Toby Tubby that I am researching.
I decided to visit William Faulkner to get some information. He is usually on the square, sitting on a bench in front of the old Post Office smoking a pipe in the afternoons. We had a long talk, (he talks a lot in one sentence), and he gave me some pointers and information that got me going on the right track again.

2 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

Rex - I have had a bad day....then I come to your site and read your post...and it really brighten my day...you are a hoot man! :)

Old Scratch said...

Rex, I am happy you found someone to listen to you.