Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Great American Novel

Every person I have ever met says they are going to write a book someday. There are a lot of great stories out there and I wish the best for those that actually start writing. I am doing it and finding out just how demanding and hard it is.
Right now I am in a basement reading a secret book and for the life of me I don't know how I am going to get out of there. So I am constantly thinking about this as I work on other things. Scenario after scenario just to get me out of a basement.
I mentally marks things that are wrong as soon as I write them, knowing that every page will need revision after revision and then revision.
I am having to learn to write what I see in the story. This is massive amounts of description and back story that you never think of as you read your favorite author and I am getting better at it, but the book has a long way to go.
Meanwhile, I've got to get out of this basement.

4 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Phillip said...

If you're in there long enough, the pigs will smell you and dig you out.

Just a thought.

Trying to be helpful, y'know.

Seriously, good luck! I've started a half-dozen times, and every time I get pulled away it's harder to pick up where I left off.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger rtfgvb7801 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said...

You haven't posted today...are you out of the basement yet??? :)

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

If your book is half as good as your dad's books, you've got nothing to worry about.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home