Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The 600 Pound Doe

I was hunting the Arrowhead field this past weekend during our muzzle-load doe season. At 7:00 AM three does came out in front of me easing across the field and heading for the edge of the hollow below me. I shot and the doe reared, turned, took two leaps and was gone. I could not believe that it did not fall in its tracks. Then I prayed that it did not make the edge of the hill. I got down and eased over to the edge of the field and followed the blood trail. Twenty feet into the woods I saw where the deer had made the edge of the deep ravine in front of me and I could see the deer at the very bottom. OMG! It was straight down 200 feet. It was in the deepest, steepest canyon on the whole property! I worked my way down and checked the deer. It weighed about 100 lbs. I started taking off gear, grabbed the deer and started pulling. Almost an hour later I got to the top of the hill with the 600 pound monster doe just before I had a heart attack.
Trust me that if you shoot a deer here, the last thing you want is for it to fall into one of our deep canyons.

7 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Bear said...

At least you got her out before ya had the big one!

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous mailrider said...

Just be glad you didn't shoot a mature doe aka 150lbs. Hell it would have been a !@#$%^ getting a big deer out of that hole.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Editor said...

call me

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Hal taqim said...

tanah bintaro rumah di jual daerah bintaro jual rumah di bintaro rumah disewakan di bintaro sektor 2 bintaro sektor 4 rumah dijual puri bintaro rumah123 bintaro bintaro tangerang rumah kontrakan murah rumah dijual bintaro jaya sektor 9 bintaro sektor 9 rumah dijual daerah bintaro rumah dijual di graha bintaro dijual rumah di bintaro jaya rumah daerah bintaro dijual rumah bintaro sektor 2 jual rumah gading serpong sektor dijual rumah nusa loka bsd harga rumah di icon bsd city rumah dijual di gading serpong sektor

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Maple edy said...

Distributor Tas Mur Dijual Rumah Cluster Pusat Grosir Tas Rumah Dijual Di The Jual Rumah Bsd Gree Dijual Rumah Di Bsd Tas Murah Batam pemutih wajah pria Baju Murah Bandung Rumah Dijual Di Serpong Rumah Murah di Alam Sutera Jual Rumah Bumi Ser Tas Cantik Produk Pemutih Wajah Ciri-Ciri Krim Pemutih Tas Tas Murah Nama Produk Pemutih Tas Cantik Harga Tanah Di Nusa Kosmetik Buat Wajah

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Vicente wiko said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Hal taqim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home