Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Monday, November 14, 2011

Early Doe Season Results

Our early muzzle-loader opener went very well this past weekend. Your friendly neighborhood blogger (moi') took one doe an a gray-back hog. My little cousin Katie was with me and we had an exciting hunt. Austin got a deer! (miracle) and a young man named Justin Rose got his first deer. Dean Lammey had his usual results (0) and Oh yeah, Old Blind Jones managed to miss another deer.
Saturday night after a successful hunt
Me and Jonesy with my Porkulus Phillipius

Justin bloodied for his first deer

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Phillip said...

Way to get that freezer stocked, Rex! Pork and venison... it's what's for dinner.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said...

Our congrats Rex to the beginning of a great hunting season at the famous Christmas Place! :)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger DeanO said...

Ah ha..the bloodied ritual. I love it. I remember when I was a kid and after my first rabbit hunt I got my first blood. Good times and congrats on a great hunt

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home