Monday, January 11, 2016

Marians' Christmas Place Adventure

This past weekend my friend, Marian, arrived at the famous Christmas Place rarin' to get after the deer. She had not shot a deer in 3 years, but she did work on her bucket list of getting a hog during that time. The weather was cold and windy, and not very suitable for deer hunting but she was game and we put her at her favorite spot, Arrowhead Field Saturday morning. No one had any luck that morning, the weather was just ugly and she did not see a deer.
That afternoon we decided to hunt together and headed for the Dove Field.
It was cold, the wind was howling and I was afraid Marian was going to freeze to death. I asked her several times if she wanted to go in but she said she wanted to get her deer no matter what.
Just at the last minute of daylight a nice size doe walked in the field at 85 yards. I asked her if she could hit her and through chattering teeth she said yes. I put my fingers in my ears. BOOM!
The deer reared, spun around and fell right there. A perfect shot!
It was a great night as everyone congratulated her and toasted her good luck.
She didn't get a hog this trip but says she will be back to get one soon..
Congratulations on a great hunt, my friend.

No comments: