Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Deer Hunters Woe

"Oh, woe is me!”
Ever I sit lonely in my tree.
No deer to sooth me,
Alas, no tempting horns can I see,
deep in the forest running free

“Oh woe is me!”
My fair weapon rusted in the rain
I look, I search to end my pain
While others brag of their fair gain
Alone I struggle with my bane.

“Oh woe is me!”
The giant buck, a beast of fame,
withers my hopes. Alas! my shame.
for knowing that his stride is game
I hunt, I seek to ever claim his name

“Oh woe is me!”
Forsooth to place his horns upon my roof
and ever brag of mighty Thunderhoof!

Shakyspear

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous mailrider said...

don't quite the day job partner

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home