Monday, December 19, 2011

A Hog for Christmas

This past weekend the deer were running everywhere at the famous Christmas Place but our hunters (including me) could not get their sights on a big one to put on the hanging pole. My 85 year old father did not let this bother him as he headed to the GameWarden Stand and shot this 200lb. hog. I know I make a lot out of his age and hunting ability but how many 85 year old men do you know that are still actively hunting at all. This nasty jet black varmint came out at the end of the field and he downed it at 200 yards. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

When Burney found out how much fun it was, he shot the damn things twin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pigs! I swear that's the same one I saw a couple years ago from the same stand. Tell Hershel I said good job.

Uh - ham for Christmas?

Clint

Marian Ann Love said...

Our congrats to your Dad, Rex! He's in very good shape for 85 years old.
I hope to be in great shape at 85 myself when I get there. We are so proud of him! Nice hog! :)

Marian Ann Love said...

Congrats to Burney also...he is tearing them up! :)