Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Monday, May 04, 2009

Rex Shrugged

I am in the process of reading the famous book by Ayn Rand called "Atlas Shrugged". I have heard about it all my life and now wish that I had read it 30 years ago.
I am in the middle of it and don't know whether to laugh, cry, or hide under my bed until all the motors in the world cease.
I recommend that everyone out there take the time to read this fascinating novel.
"Who is John Galt?"

4 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Albert A Rasch said...

You are in for a real eye opener. I have been reading it yearly for three decades, and I am starting to wonder if Ayn Rand was prescient. Read carefully and see if you can catch the similarities and analogous situations we find ourselves in. I only wish we had more Reardens, Dagnys, and Friscos in our society today.

Regards,
Albert
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles.
The Range Reviews: Tactical.
Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Hammer said...

I'm reading it for the first time as well. I wonder if the governemnt is using it as a playbook.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Phillip said...

Can't wait to hear your take on it when you're done.

A lot of people seem to have taken a particular interpretation following the current political situation... but they'd best be careful, because it struck me as an indictment that addresses both sides of the discussion.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Old Scratch said...

Phillip,it is sad to say but you are correct.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home