Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 Year Blogoversary


In February of 2006 I started writing on this blog. I had no idea how to start and which direction it would go. I only hoped to write down the wonderful stories I had heard growing up on paper for the future. Thunderhoof was barely an idea in my head and I had no knowledge that I had an affinity for writing short ghost stories. (ed. note... Thunderhoof is real and all stories told here are completely true.)
I did not believe people would actually read my blog or tell me how much they enjoy it. I also did not know the friends out there that I would make if only on the internet. I hope to meet each and every blogger that I have crossed paths with one day. So I continue, there are a lot more stories and the famous Christmas Place is full of them. I am old, ancient for a blogger now, but still enjoying it. I hope you will visit often. Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

Matt said...

Congratulations Rex!

JDP said...

Happy Anniversary Rex!

JDP

Marian Ann Love said...

Happy Blogoversary Rex! Enjoy reading about Thunderhoof, ghost stories and your wonderful family life at the deer camp! Thanks for writing your blog and sharing it with all of us. :)

Bob Phillips said...

My congrats to you Rex!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been five years. It isn't so easy sharing our wonderful life at home and occasionally not so wonderful life at camp with the world, but you do make it funny and meaningful with your wicked sense of humor. Love you, Denise

Main Line Sportsman said...

I for one am gld you keep at it...now..about those hogs...

Phillip said...

Rex, yours has been one of the blogs I've read pretty much since the beginning and I'm glad to have been there all along! Congrats on the five year mark, and I look forward to congratulating you on many, many more!

Anonymous said...

rex- you need more stories about paul!!

Editor said...

Paul, Satan and Lucifer went to have a drink. Paul was alone.

Big Al said...

I'm glad I found your blog Rex. The stories most enjoyable and I'm glad I've been able to share in that. It's led me to find other great blogs as well, one of them almost a neighbor!
I hope to meet you someday also and see a bit of Christmas Place myself as I sounds to this ex country boy a lot like heaven on earth.
Keep churn'n out those stories Rex, I can't wait for the next one!