Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Real Estate News From Rt. 3 Mississippi

I live in a rural area compared to most anyplace in the U.S. and sometimes the things the state of Mississippi or others do can really put a burr under my saddle, especially when it concerns my business.
1. The Senate caved and is going to allow real estate salesmen/brokers to do Broker Price Opinions. Mississippi was about the only state that had held the line to allow appraisers to do this. The NAR has been after them and they finally gave in and are allowing a limited way for sales people to do these. That is crap. Once the door is open, you can't close it. Good Luck with your so-called appraisal.
2. The NAR (National Association of Realtors) just sent me an email telling me how great their lobbying group was and how the Realtors are so well entrenched at the front lines on getting recognized for all the bills they are interested in. Yada-Yada-Yada. The want to increase my dues to be even bigger. I didn't join to be a Realtor to pay lobbyist to hang around Washington. I can assure you that they don't give a rat's ass what I think anyway. Screw 'em.
Looks like I have some decisions to make, just to survive.
This is my rant for the day. see you later.

No comments: