Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An ATO Hog Party

Cancun, MS> Paul goes on an annual Golf Trip each year with a bunch of our old fraternity brothers from ATO. I have been on the trip and it is a lot of fun. this year Paul invited a couple of these guys down to have a hog hunt last weekend. It is a busy time and only a few came but they had a great hunt. Shown are Paul with Alan Mcleod and David Hyde who have always been wonderful guests at the famous Christmas Place.
David is the big guy on the right and he blasted this 220 lb. wild hog off of the Point Stand. He hunted that morning and saw a lot of wildlife (deer, coyote, hawks etc.) but no hogs. At 9 o'clock he decided to get down draped his rifle sling over a branch and wiggled his big butt around to get out of the stand. It is a tight fit up there and finally his manuvering got one foot on the steps as he hung half off in open space trying to not get killed. He looked to his left and the big hog was staring at him. Isn't that the way it always happens? Somehow he managed to get his rifle, put a bullet in it, get a rest on the floor of the stand and shoot. I guess the hog was so busy laughing it forgot to run. A fun hunt and a good memory for our old friend.
Here is Dad doing his job and bringing in the big rascal. You can even see the tusk sticking out from the hogs mouth.
My hog hunt is being organized for two weekends from now, hopefully. This hog hunting is rather fun and I wish I could have a womens hog hunt, that would be a heck of a lot of fun.
Marian, Brenda, Holly, Elizabeth, and any more of the ladies that would be interested. Hey! we could use Phillip for bait.

5 comments:

Albert A Rasch said...

Better Phillip than me, that's all I got to say.

Regards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
Proud Member of Outdoor Bloggers Summit
Southeast Regional OBS Coordinator

Deer Passion said...

I like the live male bait idea.. Tho we might spend more time laughing than hunting..

Marian Ann Love said...

My congrats to David on his hog harvest..hope to blast me a big one like that! :)

Anonymous said...

Boy, if I could get out there I'd be happy to lure hogs into shooting range.

Of course, I might have to shoot a couple in self defense while I'm at it.

You guys (and gals) are gonna have a blast! Really do wish I could be there.

Unknown said...

ru rah rega