Friday, November 21, 2008

Deer Eve

Today is one of the most exciting days of the year for hunters across Mississippi and the deep South. Today is Deer Eve and every hunter is like a child sitting by the fireplace with milk and cookies in hopes of seeing Santa Claus.
Around town there is a last minute rush to buy ammunition and groceries. Every truck that passes has their rifles and 4-wheeler loaded and ready to go to deer camp. In the distance you can hear a faint repetitive Boom as hunters line their guns up at the last minute.
Like Christmas, the big present comes tomorrow as hunters wait and wish of getting that giant buck that chases through their dreams.
I wish everyone luck tomorrow.
If you get a deer please send a pic and I will post it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the exact words to say to hunters. Is there superstition? Probably. You know, as in wishing a hunter Good Luck.So just in case I won't say good luck, or break a leg, or may the force be with you. I'll just say I love you and I'll be thinking of you. D

Editor said...

I think the correct phrase is "Death to Thunderhoof"

Marian Ann Love said...

Deer Rex - GOODHUNTING!!!

Anonymous said...

I got invited to go over to my cousins camp after Thanksgiving, but I have to work, but I hope to get to go the week between Christmas and New Years.

Good luck to everybody!

Dash said...

Good luck! I hope you get a big one! Good luck in the big game today, too. I think the winner will be a shoe-in for the Cotton Bowl.

GUYK said...

Good hunting Rex and take a deep breath and hold it...and remember to squeeze that trigger heh..beats saying break a leg...

Anonymous said...

For the same things, the different experiences of people always give a different experience, very good article!
Personalized signatures:Personalized signatures:面对面视频斗地主,面对面视频游戏下载,淮安掼蛋,常州三打一,常州麻将