Friday, November 07, 2008

A Weekend Worry

Dad is going into the hospital on Monday. We are all pretty worried but feel that he will be in good shape soon and ready for deer season. He has an aneurysm somewhere around his stomach and thankfully, they are going to put in a stint instead of open surgery. He (we) expect him to spend a couple of days in the Oxford hospital.
Dad, of course, has already gone to camp for the weekend.
This is a pic of the trophy he received when we purchased the fmous Christmas Place. It is a Lifetime Sportsmans Award and if anyone on the planet deserves it; it is Hershel Howell.
His life has been dedicated to the outdoors and nature. Keep him in your prayers as he faces this operation on Monday.

12 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems Rex. Bob and I will be keeping him in our prayers and hope for his speedy recovery.

A nice trophy and well deserving!

Anonymous said...

Thank God they found this before it ruptured--lost my Granddad to just such an event. Don't know y'all from Adam, but a prayer's already going up for your Dad. Best regards and my whitetails be yours in abundance.

The Hunter's Wife said...

I hope all goes well for your Dad on Monday.

Thoughts and prayers from me and my hunter.

JDP said...

Will keep your Dad in my prayers Rex. Wishing him a speedy recovery and many more hunting seasons with his friends and family.

JDP

GUYK said...

Tell him sweetthing and I are thinking about him..and wishing him well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. He and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely keep a good thought for him. They can do wonders nowdays and people come through these sorts of operations with flying colors all the time.

CDGardens said...

Your Dad and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I must agree with everyone else in wishing him a speedy recovery.

deerslayer said...

Prayers for your dad Rex; With all the new technologies the doctors and hospitals have I'm sure he'll be back out hunting in no time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Herschel. I'm sure the whitetails will wait on him.

Anonymous said...

He will certainly be in my prayers. My father went through the same and did just fine, but just the same it's always scary to have anything done, especially as we get older.

Dash said...

Wishing a speedy recovery for your dad, Rex. I'm sure he'll be back in the woods in no time.

bushman said...

get well soon, Hershel.