Saturday, March 28, 2009

The DCB Virtual Deer Hunt

I am going to start putting together a Virtual Deer Hunt at the famous Christmas Place. I have had this in my mind for quite awhile now and believe that it is going to be one of the hardest, and most fun endeavors that I have posted.
If you wish to be included, I need you to leave a comment and state whether you are hunting deer, hogs, fishing or just relaxing at the camp.
Elizabeth scanned the edge of the 10 Point Field from her stand and hoped that a deer would soon appear. As dawn broke, she could see the forest come alive around her with the barking of squirrels and chattering of birds. "Ten Point field" she thought to herself "Hmmmphh, I hope it is and not some crap Rex is pulling my leg about. He and his wild stories" Daylight was here and she scanned the edge of the field again, then studied the old forest around her with it's ancient trees and rolling, rugged strange landscape. So strange that maybe, just maybe, a lot of what he had told was true. She watched a squirrel for a minute, then heard the sound of footsteps moving toward her through the crisp oak leaves. Oh God, that sounds like a deer as her heart skipped a beat. The footsteps moved closer and sounded extremely heavy. A big buck? Oh My God, Maybe Thunderhoof? Was he real?
Her heart was racing and she felt like she had to pee, but steadied herself and eased her rifle into position as she finally saw movement at the edge of the field and the ............

Sign up and join me on a virtual deer hunt.
PS you are going to be in it anyway so you might as well sign up.

11 comments:

GUYK said...

I am after those big tuskers! And maybe just one gobbler and a mess of Bob White

Marian Ann Love said...

Put me down for a big 30 pt. buck, couple of hogs, fishing (waiting on my new "pink" fishing rod/reel I won...and relaxing/drinking a mudslide! :)

R. Gabe Davis said...

Hogs, Crappie, Then a big christmas place BBQ

Rhonda B. said...

I want to try my hand at the hogs and definately the cold beverages.

Big Al said...

Count me in as well! I haven't been hunting in a while so I'm virtually aching to go after one of the trophy bucks that roam Christmas Place! ...or lay around the camp (my specialty).

Deer Passion said...

This is great, Rex! I can't wait to see what's in store!

gary said...

Wall, is there a loose bull elk down there, I'd go for that? or a wild eyed bull moose that Suz could handle with her bow? If Tom can make the grade, he needs a little spike deer, his specialty.

The Hunter's Wife said...

How about someone just putting their feet up...having a beer...making fun of everyone???

Dayne Shuda said...

I'm a big whitetail deer hunter.

Phillip said...

Well, you know I'm a hog hunter myself... but I like Wild Turkey too, the kind in the bottle and the kind that roosts in tall trees at sunset.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.