Friday, July 11, 2008

Burning Down The Bank

First, I really hate to tell this on myself and I guess you had to be there, but it was funny as hell afterwards.
Yesterday, I strolled across the park, enjoying a morning cigar, to shout at Janet Dickey about some business, to visit with Glenda Griffith for a few minutes and hopefully see Bill Taylor to drum up some appraisal requests.
Outside the bank was a large Planter with some kind of flower in it, I did not pay atention. I put the cigar carefully on the edge of the planter and went inside. Afterwards, I picked up the cigar which had rolled over into the planter and headed back. I checked carefuly. (I swear) The cigar was out and there was no sign of any burning. I went back across the street.
Twenty minutes later, Bobby and I went outside and were talking on the porch when Bobby said "What the hell is that?" then "The #@*damn bank is on fire!"
A well of smoke was pouring from the big planter and then fire jumped up about 5 feet high. Holy Crap! I ran to the pone, dialed and told Glenda- "The damn bank is onfire, would you please get someone to put it out!" she said "We're working on it as fast as we can" Two minutes later they had poured a bucket of water on it and it was extinguished. Sorry to say, that the plant did not survive.
Glenda may read this and know how it started now, maybe a few others, but I am not admitting anything. Could of been someone else.

5 comments:

H2o said...

BWHAHAHA!!!!

SimplyOutdoors said...

Now that is funny. I wouldn't admit to anything either. Deny, deny, deny!

Anonymous said...

Unclear on the concpt...

You're supposed to wait for everyone else to run out and deal with the fire while you help yourself to the cashiers' money drawers.

No wonder you can't get an arrow or bullet into Thunderhoof... bungling a perfect bank robbery like that.

Anonymous said...

Cercumstancial evidence at best. Don't sweat it, probably some kid playing with matches or something...

Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080718/ap_on_fe_st/odd_flowerpot_fire;_ylt=AqzbbZOcx8Bgcuqzy95hfvcuQE4F

See if this works for ya...