Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta

Google
 

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Work Camp Set


San Quentin, MS> This coming weekend a work camp has been set for the famous prison known as the Christmas Place HellHole. I called all the inmates to see what time they would be there to work.

Burney- I am going to the coast and probably won't make it.
Paul- Ahhh, I am going to be on vacation in the caribbean.
Trent- I have a major trial coming up in 4 months and have to get ready for it.
Bobby- Burney is gone and I can't go without him.
Michael- Ahhh, I have a Cantata to go to.
Mark- I think the Rebels are having a scrimmage that day
Drew- my girlfriends birthday is that weekend
Spencer- I'm sick
John- I'm hunting in Batesville this year
Hershel- don't worry, Rex and I will take care of everything
Rex- Damn!

7 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger GUYK said...

Well, if I was there I would do the discin' for ya..that is after I got tired of fishin'

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

Funny post. Have fun with it!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Marian Love Phillips said...

Poor Rex...always have to do all the work...you are much loved! :)

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Big Al said...

I remember those days, back when I had a place to hunt...

It seems that everybody has a good excuse not to do the labor, but don't block the door openning day!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Dash said...

Sounds a lot like my club. I can hear it now. "My girlfriend's birthday is later that week and I need to be there for her." Or, "My dog needs to go to the vet that weekend for his annual checkup." Something smart like that. It's a wonder anything ever gets done around there. Good luck!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger deerslayer said...

Well I'd be there to help out but last time I tried sneakin in and ole thunderhoof chased me out and said not to come back.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger deerslayer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home