Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Antler Dog


Lost Canine, MS> Amazed! It was like a light went off in my head. Here I am wandering the magazine rack at Kroger waiting on Denise to buy coffee and groceries. I pick up a Magazine (North American Hunter) flip through it and there is an article about antler dogs. Who ever heard of such a thing? But, what a brilliant concept! Instead of wandering around hoping I might find a shed antler near one of my stands, I can train a dog to get out there and find them. WOW! Camo (the wonder dog) is now in full fledged training. Instead of racing around the yard trying to get my sock from the crazy animal, I can teach her to find antlers. Needing small antlers to start with I can steal a couple pair of Pauls. Then move up. That Camo will be worth her weight in gold. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: