Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Old Times There Are Not Forgotten

Old Times, MS> Growing up at our old deer camp near Abbeville had to have been the best time of my life. Being young and stupid, I didn't realize how great it was until I was grown and the old deer camp was gone. Friday afternoon on the day before the season began was always the most exciting time of the year. Everyone that hunted from Water Valley has passed through at one time or another. Members, friends, and guest were tremendously important, but we always anxiously waited for our two favorite cousins (Jim and Ed Lammey) to arrive. They were a big part of the heart of our camp. Big Jim never killed a deer that I knew of, but would faithfully show each year determined to blast Old Mossyhorns. I miss the old days and I miss him.

No comments: