Friday, January 30, 2009

Did I Mention Turkeys?

Dragging Beard, MS> Did I mention that the famous Christmas Place was world renowned for it's gigantic turkeys? During deer season the damn things will not stay out from underfoot. Here is a recent photo we took in the back yard. The stupid turkey behind us was scratching in the garden till Marian took out her camera and the giant gobbler had to get in the picture. Damn Varmints!
I hope some of you will be interested in eradicating these pests.

3 comments:

Marian Ann Love said...

LOL - that is one BIG cool turkey! I hope I have a chance to get him! :)
PS: Another great and hilarious post by Rex!

Deer Passion said...

Great pic! Rarely can photographers get 6 giant turkeys to pose for the camera!!! Jk...

Anonymous said...

A gentleman I greatly respect and admire once told me to NEVER EVER take up the sport of turkey hunting. He told me that the sport became an obsession and then an addiction that would cause one to spend a vast fortune on everything from face paint to funny looking little boxes to scratch upon that make sounds only a turkey could understand and recognise. Guns and clothes and pickup trucks and days off of work. He told me he has a nice holding of land right there at home with turkeys galore, but he found himself traveling the country in search of the bird. One of the uglyest birds at that! Never, he said, go turkey hunting.