Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tuesday On The Field


I guess that I am officially a football dad. Tuesday night, the Junior High Water Valley Blue Devils played and my kids were all over the field. Here is Spencer in the seventh grade game. He is number 3 on your roster but number 1 in your heart.




Sarah is an eighth grade cheerleader. The cheerleaders are busy the whole game and Sarah expects me to come watch her. She also does not want me to do anything to embarrass her, like waving, or hollering or doing something goofy to embarrass her. I always try to do something, but mostly she acts like I am not there, but she is watching me out of the corner of her eye.

Erin is a Devil Doll, this is basically a cheerleader in training. She made sure that I got to see her cheer and was a ham for the camera. So my kids were all over the field. So, now you know what my Tuesday nights are going to be like for awhile.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids.

I'm glad you go and watch them. My parents sat through any number of really bad orchestra concerts and musicals when I was a kid. I'm sure it was torture for them, but it meant a lot to me. I'm sure it means a lot to you kids as well.

Anonymous said...

A good night was had by all it looks like. I know the feeling. I have a nephew and couple little cousins that we always make sure we go watch. I know how much it means to them and always has a certain entertainment value for us as well.

By the way, football on Tuesday night???

Anonymous said...

7th grade teams play on Tuesday's in these parts. Thank goodness I don't have daughters, the good Lord knew they would be miserable with me as a parent.
As your football playing son gets older and the contact harder. I think it becomes more stressful on the parent than the player. I pace the whole game.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff...I hope it's a fun season for all!!!

Marian Ann Love said...

Good pictures of your family Rex...I know they were happy that you were there to watch them. I'm wishing them a fun and safe season. You enjoy...they grow up so fast!

Jon said...

Thank goodness your kids are better looking than you!

I have been through this phase with my kids, 2 football players and 1 cheerleader. It is a great time!

Now I'm going through it with my Grandkids.

Anonymous said...

Future starters for the Ole Miss Rebels, no doubt. Unless of course we can recruit them in Blacksburg.

Anonymous said...

Keep us posted on how the games go.

Callie said...

Dude, you have some cute kids!!!! Gooooo TEAM!!!!

Anonymous said...

no better place for you to be then there watching!