Monday, November 19, 2007

Using the GunTriever

This weekend I took the GunTriever to my stand to give it a test run. I had not hooked it up before opening day and with all my equipment, I dreaded trying to figure it out. To my surprise, it was very easy to assemble and use. The GunTriever (a.k.a. The Gunslinger) had exactly the right amount of cord to dangle down and hook up my rifle. The small strap that fits around the stock slipped on and tightened quite easily and it hooked to the bottom of my stand quietly and easily. I unhooked it from the tether and hooked the short line to my stand after pulling it up and felt secure that even if I slipped and got killed, my rifle could hunt on without me. Sunday morning in the rain, I checked the straps and found no sign of the olive drab color running or stretching of material. Buy several of these and hook them on your stands. They are perfect for the job.
Thanks Kristine and Hunt Smart, Think Safety.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get me one of those still! I have to add that to the "to do" list!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting people know about your experience. I also believe you are the first to use the new name (besides we who work for the company of course).

I appreciate, as always, your help in getting the word out about the product.

Anonymous said...

"...if I slipped out and got killed, the rifle..."

That's a very funny line. Good post!

Anonymous said...

Nice looking buck. Congrats. I'm still working on my first and will be out again tomorrow.