Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Noon-Thirty

Water Valley, MS> OK, Howell Realty is officially closed and this train is pulling out at 12:30. Called and got the kids going and hope to have them and Camo on the road at that time. I sure want to try to hunt this afternoon.
Everyone is headed to camp today. Hell, Paul and his family are already there. (How strange) Wanda is bringing the Turducken for our Thanksgiving meal. We have a lot to be thankful for but I am really missing my momma. This will be our first Thanksgiving without her.
I have not had any Thanksgiving Day Nightmares like last year, so I hope that I can get a big old buck this weekend without any problems from Paul. I'm sure that idiot is busy hunting all my stands.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your holiday, Amigo!

I'm hanging close to home this year, and will be enjoying a day on horseback and coming home to a small turkey with just my immediate family on hand.

The chaos of a family event will have to wait until Christmas this year.

Callie said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

callie

denny said...

Hey Rex... Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rex. Have a good time.

The first holidays without a loved one are hard. Just remember all the good times and be grateful. It does get easier.

H2o said...

Happy turkey day Rex!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rex! I'd tell you to have fun, but I know you don't need anyone to tell you that.

Anonymous said...

Whack a big one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

That 1 Guy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Rex!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving and make sure to share a few memories about the lost loved one to the current family who is there. That always helps me, especially telling the funny stories about who has passed!

FHB said...

Good luck on all that, and my sympathies on not having your mom. I'm lucky that way, but I dread the time when my luck runs out.

Anonymous said...

I always thought Turkeyducken was a south Louisiana thing? Have you ever stuffed your Duck with a Quail or a couple of Doves?