Thursday, March 29, 2007

From the Frozen Plains


West Fargo, ND> After several humorous exchanges of good natured repartee' a very smart fellow from North Dakota has linked with me. He is a biologist named Doug Leier and has his finger on the pulse of the plains and beyond. He is blogging at
North Dakota Outdoors and Beyond, naturally!
Dougs' site seems a cross between The Outdoor Pressroom and The Black Bear Blog, which means he is pretty damn sharp and a very good read.
He has lots of interesting hunting news, tidbits, state proposals and a little humor mixed in.
He even has a housewarming gift for Othmar. Go visit, say hello, I guarantee you will learn something new.

6 comments:

Othmar Vohringer said...

LOL. Some housewarming gift you have chosen there for me. I like the picture of that bison. It reminds me that I have a bowhunt for this critters coming up possibly this fall or winter in northern British Columbia.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Editor said...

there's a whitetail with your name on it down here too.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thanks editor. I will add it to my list of "must do" things.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Eric J. Burton said...

Doug works for the Game and Fish in North Dakota. Doug formaly was a game warden.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug Rex...see you at the Stropel Inn, Midland SD, USofA

Anonymous said...

Doug, don't get my motor running about pheasant hunting. I haven't got to go since 01, when my boys started playing fall football. I have hunted at Mobridge, Mclauglin, Yankton, and walk in areas in between. Man I love that country. Got buzzed by a B2 on the rez.once. Scared the hell out of me.