Monday, June 25, 2007

Revenge Is SO Sweet


The big golf match was this weekend as Mark "The Shark" Larson and Bill "Birdieman" Howard came to the valley and matched my brother Paul "Wicked Shank" Howell and my own dumb self Rex "Worm Slice" Howell at the famous Yalobusha Golf Links. Needless to say, they have been chewing on last years defeat for a long time and got their revenge.The match was very close and came down to the final hole before my stupid brother lost the match for us. (Hey! It couldn't be me!)

Mark played absolutely great golf!
Paul spent a lot of time in the woods,
he also spent a lot of time yelling at his ball????





Here we are looking for another one of Pauls' errant drives.

Here I am trying to trade Paul for a used ball or a broken tee, anything

Sometimes it is worse to be on Pauls' team than to play against him.


Then of course it came time to pay off. OH MY GOD! You would have thought a million dollars was being paid.
Here is a pic of some good friends that had a great time playing golf!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I want to play golf!

Callie said...

WooHoo!

Wait...No Trophies or any thing???

c'moooon....

*smiles
callie

Anonymous said...

I will never...never... understand the allure of that game. With wild hogs running rampant across the landscape, big bass in the ponds, and good friends willing to host you in foreign states you have to spend a beautiful weekend trampling somebody's hyper-manicured lawn trying to kill tiny, hard-shelled critters that you can't eat or even hang as trophies.

Dash said...

Looks like it was a good day. I wish I could play, but it has been raining every day out here lately, which is very unusual for this time of year.