Deer Camp Blog

Deer Camp Blog- the outdoor column of The Bodock Times- (a satirical periodical) Humor and Hunting at the famous Christmas Place Plantation Hunting Club on the edge of the Mississippi Delta


Thursday, December 21, 2006


Tailfeathers, MS> While I was out boating with my big deer. Dad had slipped over to his new pond to try to blast a couple of ducks. I have no earthly idea why someone would do that during the middle of deer season, but he says he is well-rounded. ???.
He got a nice mallard and a wood duck, which we dressed and he asked me if I knew any interesting recipes for ducks that he could use. I said no, I was a little busy trying to get my deer on dry land and would he and Bobby hurry the hell up.

Later I went online to an interesting hunting blog called MOOSEDROPPINGS, guy running it is Moose, who is an avid outdoorsman, and he has a wide variety of hunting news, social commentary, shooting information, a lot of New England thoughts, great hunting pics, as well as recipes for wild game. You should really go to his site and check him out. I don't know much about Meese but the duck recipe made my Dads' mouth water. Can't wait to try it. Hope he has some new venison receipes too!


At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Mike said...

Rex, only a character like you would go fishing and come back with a deer. By the way, what are the deer hitting this time of year, minnows or worms?

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be reporting the boathunting to the MDWFP.

At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Rex said...

they seem to be hitting on .270 bullets right now.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home