Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stone Flat Buck


Polaroid, MS> the members of the famous Christmas Place Blogging, Blasting, and Bragging Club are finally getting the hang of this blogging.Burney brought in this European mount of the really nice buck that he took at a stand at the Stone Flat area. I remember coming down the road on my 4wheeler and he had the damn thing lying in the road. What a hoss!
He is going to do the same with Spencers buck and have it on a plaque for a coffee table or a wall mount.

3 comments:

Othmar Vohringer said...

Very nice rack. Being from Europe myself I am partial to that type trophy display. Full shoulder mounts are cool too, but they are dust collectors. I have an article on my blog of a European mount I made myself from a ram I shot some years back.

By the way thanks for joining the SHS Hunting Chat Forum. If you don’t mind I would like to add a link to your blog into your signature line. That way whenever you post on the forum the link will show up too.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Editor said...

thanks Othmar!
was afraid to put my link in the forum, some people do not like that. You still have not sent me the pic of the monster buck you got this year.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Me shooting a monster buck?

Sorry, but I barely got out to hunt last year. Long story, lots of work and a family tragedy. All I managed was one week and it snowed the moment we arrived in camp. Needless to say, all the deer movement shut down. On the way home the weather changed and we saw lots of deer everywhere.

Well there is always spring turkey season, and then plenty of fishing in the summer, in September is archery deer season opener. With any luck I might get out at the end of January to go after coyotes for a few days.