Thursday, March 02, 2006

THE GREAT DEER MASSACRE OF 2003

Boiling blood, MS> Hershel Howell had suffered a long season without killing a deer, without even suspecting one in fact. He decided to return home and relax for a few days and not even think about deer hunting. He was dozing in front of a large fire with his dog when the phone rang. Burney said "I got a big deer at the Dove Field, get down here quick!" Hershel snored, "Congratulations" and went back to sleep. A few minutes later the phone rang, it was Rex, who said "Dad!, I got a big 8- point at the Spike Camp, grab your gun and come on" Hershel replied "Wow! That's great, Congratulations."
Later, while working in the garden, the phone rang!. It was Trent, who said " I got a big 11 point at the Odom Field, come help me! He replied "Con- gra" Paul rushed in " I got a nine point with a drop tine at the box field! Hershel squinted his eyes and said "@$$%$T@$@%^^&*" "Con-gra-tu-la-tions, Dammit"
Early the next morning Hershel was almost asleep talking to his dog and the phone rang again. It was Burney. He said " I got a giant black buck weighing 255 lbs. off the Gamewarden Stand!
Hershel mumbled incoherently and slammed the phone down. Hershel was puttering around the house later when the phone rang again! Trent said " I got a big one at the Secret Field!" Hershel staggered, kicked the Christmas Tree over, slammed the phone down. He was wide awake.
The next morning the phone rang. Hershel carefully answered it. Trent said " Whooo-Hooo Mercy! I got another giant deer off the Indian Mound! A 17 inch 8 point. Yahoo!!! Hershel slammed the phone down, ripped the cord out of the wall. He cursed the Republicans! Smoke came out of his ears! He loaded his rifle! He grabbed his dog! He headed South.
At camp Trent and Paul were lounging around the pole. Dad pulled up and got out. Paul said "glad you're here, skin these three bucks, Trent and I have to get back to the woods!" Hershels hat flew off his head! He said, Well I won't say what he said! Hershel headed for the Arrowhead Field at a run! Good thing a deer did not jump in front of him as he raced at 50 mph towards his stand. He kept mumbling "I pity the fool, I pity the fool"
Hershel was awake. His gun was loaded. Red fire shown from his eyes as a huge buck stepped from the woods. Did Hershel count the horns? HELL NO! He started blasting. He threw his knive! He threw his boot! Finally, he calmed down and reloaded. He found the big 8-pointer.
He went back to camp. He rushed inside! He said " I got a monster at the Arrowhead Field and I want everyone of you @#$#%#&^%&$** to go get him! He had a drink. All was right with the world again.

No comments: